Thursday, February 28, 2019

Becoming Prepared to Write a Screenplay

I've been seriously thinking more, and more about what I want this film opening to be like, and the ideas just won't stop flowing. I guess I am feeling inspired to say the least. I am not sure that I am completely ready to begin writing a screenplay, but when I am ready, I'd like to make sure that I know what I'm doing. So, I've begun doing some research on how to do so.

Now, as a theatre kid I am not completely oblivious to the concept of scripts. I have a basic understanding of how they should look, and how they are formatted. But, I still would like to have a well written one, so on to the research.

I never realized all of the detail that went into this process. While, I was aware that some screenplays are so good that they receive Academy Awards, I never thought twice about all the tiny aspects that go into them. For example, there are some things that should always be capped, but then others that should never be, or else it's "frowned upon." By whom exactly, I am not sure, but I trust Google. Script writing also goes into such detail in which there is a certain way to bind it. So, the moral of the story is that this is going to take a lot more than one day of research. The way I see it, the best things take time. 

Below are two sites that I drew from, and a youtube video that helped breakdown the whole process to me. These were all quite helpful in showing me both the creative, and technical sides of script writing.


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment