Sunday, February 24, 2019

Still conflicted .. but hopeful !!

After researching some horror film openings, today I am going to be looking at some drama film openings. From a more logical, and practical stand point I believe a drama opening would probably be easiest. The genre is more flexible, and leaves room for more opportunity plot wise. Unfortunately, the horror fanatic side of me is pulling me down in this process. Not only am I up for the challenge of doing a horror film opening, I think it might be more fun to do. Before I decide, I must observe some more drama film openings. Since there are so many types of drama films, I am going to try to cover a lot of different types of films. (All trailers are included at the end!!)

After viewing these trailers, I am still conflicted on what genre to do, but I think I would like to do a trailer that sets the tone for the film. Since the internet was being stubborn I was unable to include the opening for Dunkirk, but I really like how Hans Zimmer sets the tense tone for the film in the first few seconds. I am a huge fan of his work, and am definitely going to turn to some more of his films for inspiration. While I am not ending my research here, here are some of the openings I viewed. I included the openings for Titanic, The Pianist, Call Me By Your Name, and Pride & Prejudice.




No comments:

Post a Comment