Saturday, February 23, 2019

Research, Research, & More Research



It’s been a few months since I became made aware of this project, and I am still quite unsure on the genre, and storyline of my film opening.  Every time I think about it my mind seems to flip flop from horror, to drama. I am more conflicted than ever, and with that comes… more research! In order to gain some inspiration, I am going to binge watch as many horror, and drama film openings as possible, and start to think about the logistics of it all. Let the binge fest begin!

I am beginning with horror, and my next post will be focusing on drama film openings. So stay tuned for that. For my research, I am going to turn to some films that I have already seen, with themes/vibes similar to the ones that I am considering. I’ve always loved horror, but within horror I love a good psychological thriller, so let’s start with that. In order from top to bottom, we have the opening of Goodnight Mommy, Donnie Darko, then Black Swan.



Now for some non-thought provoking horror films. In order from top to bottom, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween, and IT.


After watching, and observing these I am now starting to more deeply consider the difficulties of filming a horror opening. With a budget of $0, I need to start thinking more practical on what type of film opening I can produce. So, observing these openings was definitely beneficial in this process, as I am now considering many different possibilities!!


No comments:

Post a Comment