Monday, March 25, 2019

Costumes

Now that I am set to film this coming weekend, I need to plan out what the actresses are going to wear. Considering that the girls are going to be on a trek/hike of some sort, it would only be logical for them to wear exercise attire. But, I would also like to explore the possibilities of them wearing colors that symbolize something important. I could use a color that foreshadows their death, or maybe one that reflects their personalities. I have a few options that I would like to explore.

When it comes to colors that foreshadow death, I don’t have many to choose from. It basically just comes down to black, and red. Black obviously doesn’t need to be explained, but red is commonly associated with blood, and danger. I’m not sure if I would like the girls to both wear all black, because it may look a bit odd, and not obvious enough when it comes to hints. Red is a more obvious color that represents danger, but it is also a quite bright color, and I wouldn’t want it to distract from the plot.

Now that I have been thinking about this, I think colors that represent their personalities may be the better bet. It’s a more subtle choice, but not too unrecognizable. The Sarah character is supposed to be more preppy, and feminine, so I could possibly use a dull pink for her to wear. I don’t want to use any bright colors, because it would throw off the tone of the film. I could also use a dull yellow for her to represent her vibrant personality. As for the Chloe character, she is supposed to be more reserved, and represent the logical character. For her, I think a dull green, or blue would work perfectly. The blue might work better for the blue though, because I wouldn’t want the green to blend in with the colors of the forest.  I think I’ve come to the conclusion, that the characters will be wearing colors that represent their personalities, but washed out to reflect the somber tone of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment