Saturday, March 9, 2019

I Have a Plot-ish

It is the end of week 3 working on this project, and I am feeling a little behind. Unlike some of my peers, I have failed to outline a plot, create a storyboard, or establish and sort of schedule. But today, things are a little different because now I feel like I finally have a more clear idea of the plot. While, nothing is finalized, and I am convinced that I am going to revise so many things from now to April, but I feel ready to state my main idea for the plot.

I am still working on deciding character names, and developing character personalities so for now let's refer to the characters as 'girl', and 'girls friend'. I want the opening to be about 2 best friends who are going away on trip together as their last hoorah before leaving for college. So the film would start with them documenting their best friend "extravaganza." I want them to be in a secluded area, so maybe a secret beach, or forest. Some place that people don't usually go to, and they stumble upon symbols carved into the sand, or (forest) hanging from all the trees. Of course, from there I would like to show them running from danger, and the opening end with their death but in a non-gory way. I would like death to be implied, but not shown to keep this project school friendly. This would also all be caught on camera in the "found footage" fashion.

Now this plot is not definite, but I think this is the direction I would like to take my film opening. The next thing I really want to work on is establishing a location, writing a script, creating a storyboard, developing the characters, and conduct some more research. I have a lot of hard work left to do, but I am super excited to complete this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment