Monday, March 18, 2019

Filming Locations

Now that we are starting to get close to filming this thing, I really need to figure out where I am going to film exactly so I am going to think about some possible filming locations today...

Since I need the location to replicate a forest, the first place I'm considering is Markham Park. Not only is it nearby (which is quite convenient), but it's literally a state park, so there will be no shortage of trees. I don't even think this location has a negative, except maybe mosquitos, but we'll just have to wear bug spray!

Another location I'm thinking about using is Tree Tops park. Now, I have not personally been to this park, but someone referred it to me, and just from viewing photos from google images, this park definitely has the ambience I'm going for. Like Markham Park, Tree Tops is not a far drive, but one thing that Tree Tops has over Markham is the overall look of the park. While, at Markham Park it wouldn't be difficult to make it look like a forest, I would still have to make a bit of an effort in making it have that look. I am (of course) willing to put in some extra work into giving off that illusion, but unfortunately time is working against me and I am going to have 2 days to shoot. So, I want to be able to use that time wisely.

The last location I am considering is my high school itself. This would take some serious creativity skills, but if none of my other filming locations work out, then I may have no choice but to use the school, and try to keep the shots as tight as possible. Now, I sincerely hope it doesn't come to this, but I'm not going to completely ignore this as a possibility. Since, I only have 3 (more like 2) filming locations in mind, I am going to try to visit them before I begin filming so I can get a feel for the look. I am quite confident than 1/3 will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment