Friday, March 22, 2019

How to create an Ankh

A crucial part of my film opening, is when the girls discover the Ankh hanging from the trees. Since production is fast approaching, I need to seriously think about how I am gong to do this. I am far from being a talented (visual) artist, but there are numerous ways in which I can attempt to give this an authentic look.

My thought process on this is, if local/native people are hanging this symbol on trees, it is most likely going to be woven out of some natural material. Like flimsy sticks? I am not exactly sure what the scientific term is for this plant, but for now I am just going to call it tree branches. If I took tree branches, and somehow made the into the shape of an Ankh, I think that would work. I am also thinking about using dark brown yarn to tie around the loop of the Ankh to give off the super natural look that I'm going for.

Not to rip off Blair Witch, but this is the look that I am going for. Except my symbols would be smaller, and (of course) hanging from trees.


The possibilities of how I do this are endless, and I would like to spend some more time researching this further. It's also very important to me that I don't offend anyone with how I make the symbols, so I would also like to look into the practicality of it all. There is still lots of work left to be done, and I am going to get to it the moment I leave Tampa!

No comments:

Post a Comment